The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the view on Forms

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Humecity
Occasional Contributor

Limit the view on Forms

Is it possible to limit the view of forms according to their status etc,

Example: Status = Waiting

If calls under waiting, then the solution text area is not availalbe (area where you enter in the solution.

I was thinking of creating a few forms from the Service call form, and then use a rule to call the appropriete form.

Is this possible?
5 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Limit the view on Forms

HI
At principal Solution field not need in Form before Status be eq. Completed.
4 solutions:
1.If you use 4.5 and SP18 you can use Dynamic form for this task.
2. Possible create UI Rule, before save if this field not empty and status!=Completed Error messages.
3. DB Rule Clear Solution if Status ...
4. Use more 2 Roles where Status Waiting excluded, use Status Access in role, in first Role set "Status to" = one status before Waiting, in second role set "status from" = one status after Waiting.

Vasily
Humecity
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

The first option is exactly what i want to do, dynamically chance the form according to rule.

Is it a simple task to set up a dynamic view as i would need to upgrade my SD from ver8 to ver18.

I dont want to risk the database by upgrading to sp18 and realise i need to learn 4 different tpyes of coding languges.

Also besides backing up the database and front end, is there anything else i should beware of when upgrading?
Humecity
Occasional Contributor

Iv read over some posts regarding SP18 and the issues it brings along and some are very concerning so at this point i think ill stay away and try to work with what we have (sp8)

Iv read over the other solutions and couldnt work out if they are hiding the solutions tab or just clearing the data in it.

Thanks
Humecity
Occasional Contributor

Ok iv done some research into ROLES (solution 4) Iv added a new form to that role,

but just trying to work out how to bring up a certain form according to status via a rule.
Humecity
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

I worked out what i needed and learned abit about SD_EVENT and SD_DATAFORM on the way.

Bascially crated a new form without the solutions area and allocated a shortcut to pull that form everytime a new call is entered.

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event