Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Limit the modification of Impact/Priority to members of a Workgroup on a Service Call

Highlighted
Silvia Alvarez
Contributor.

Limit the modification of Impact/Priority to members of a Workgroup on a Service Call

Hi all,

I need to enable only members of a certain Workgroup to be able to modify the Impact/Priority on Service Calls.

I am trying to use the field "Registration/Modified by" which is a Text field that correspond to the username in plain text.

I am working on HP Openview Service Desk 4.5 and Service Pack 15

Any help will be really appreciate it.

Regards,
Silvia
6 REPLIES
Himanshu Chawla
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Limit the modification of Impact/Priority to members of a Workgroup on a Service Call

Hi Silvia,

One way to do this is to use their accounts and Roles and restrict this field to read only for that Role.

Himanshu.
Silvia Alvarez
Contributor.

Re: Limit the modification of Impact/Priority to members of a Workgroup on a Service Call

Hi Himanshu,

I think I didn't explain it correctly, what I meant was to enable different Impact/Priority values depending on the Workgroup that the user relates to. I wouldn't like to touch the Service or the Service Level.

I don't want to make the Impact/Priority fields read only.

Regards,
Silvia
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Silvia,

I'd try using 'Limit field value range' in UI Rules based on current user but current user maps to the application accounts, not Person records which are the ones related to Workgroups. You're probably going to have to create several UI Rules to cover all Workgroups.

Do not forget to assign points for the answers.
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

The Pike
Silvia Alvarez
Contributor.

Pike,

That's something I already knew. The thing is that when I add a criterion to the COndition on a Rule, I can't find any Field in the list related to the current user.

Is there anyway I can add a field under the criterion field list?

Regards,
Silvia
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Current user is not a field but a dynamic value, so to speak. I'd 'bridge' the logic so the current user is placed on a field in one rule and then evaluate the field as you normally would in another rule. Like I said, you will have to create a whole bunch of rules to cover all workgroups.

I'd also try Generic Relations, but that is only available on SP17 and beyond. You may want to look into it and see if it's possible, that is unless you already knew that too and my USB crystal ball failed to reveal it to me. ;)

Again, it'd be nice to see some points assigned to our posts for the effort and time spent at trying to help you.

The Pike
Silvia Alvarez
Contributor.

Hi Pike,

Thanks for your help. Your idea and one I found in a different thread helped me out to get this working.

Thanks a mill for your help.

Silvia