Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Limit field on Update ALL

Highlighted
Luis Fernando G
Trusted Contributor.

Limit field on Update ALL

I would like to know how can i limit he fields on the Update ALL.Someone can help me, please?

Luis Fernando
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Limit field on Update ALL

Hello Luis,

I don't think that this is possible.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hmm... something crossed my mind!

I have disabled Update All for all roles.

Do the following: Enable update all for a specific role. Then select some fields on eg. service call that this role will have R/O access and some fields that will be hidden from this. Try loggin with a user with this role to update all. Check if the fields are missing.

...but, the user will not have access to these fields on all forms and not only to update all!
menes fhtagn
Luis Fernando G
Trusted Contributor.

George,
I would like, for example, on Status field on a Update All an user can only view some states , not all. I only redo my question for you get the point maybe it´s not possible also.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Luis,

you can use a UI rule action (Limit range) to show only soem of a drop down list but these UI ruls do not fire on update All.

I have not tried George's suggestion but if it does not help I would just say the following: In my opinion, if you trust people to use Update All, you should be able to trust them to select the right values. So I think you can only remove update all from their roles and enforce with UI rules.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net