The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last time User logged on - SD 5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sandra Sparrow
Super Collector

Last time User logged on - SD 5.1

In SD 5.1 is there a way to determine the last time (if any) that a user has logged into the system? I would have thought this would be a standard piece of info for the system to capture but I can't see any reference to in in the REP_Accounts table.

Thanks for any assistance.
4 REPLIES
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last time User logged on - SD 5.1

Hi sandra,

You can find out this details in ifc_auditlogs table.this table will have entry for all the logins.

Thanks,
Avinash
Sandra Sparrow
Super Collector

I don't have a table IFC_AuditLogs. I only have IFC_Audit_Lines and that is empty.

Any other suggestions?
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi sandra,

In order to report when users login and logout, you need to enable the Enhanced Auditing feature.

To do this, you need to login with a user with Auditor role, and enable it.

This is a very heavy feature, so make sure that you only enable the auditing of users login and logouts.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Sandra,

As Err states, this is a "heavy" feature. I'd say one of those features that if left unattended, it will cause you more trouble than benefit.

After you enable Enhanced Audit for user login/logout, monitor the number of entries created daily. Then you can decide how often to purge the contents of the table (via Archiving... dunno if it has a new name in SD5.10) so as to not get performance problems when the table grows too large.

Hope that helps. Points are welcome.

The Pike
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event