Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Error - OVSD 4.5 SP19

Highlighted
Bob Bob Bob
Occasional Advisor

Known Error - OVSD 4.5 SP19

Hi,

the "Known error" checkbox has three states - Yes, No and Null (or something similar, it`s represented as checked, but grey tinged). Is it intended feature? My customer think that this could be misleading and I agree with him.

Thanks for your remarks
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Known Error - OVSD 4.5 SP19

Hi Bob,

that is intended. You can use templates or rules to set it to a predefined value of say unckecled instead of the null value.
Bob Bob Bob
Occasional Advisor

Ok, the use of templates and rules is clear. But what is the third state intended for? How would you explain this feautre to customer?

This is our situation - at the beginning of the Problem resolution we don`t know its root cause (and sometimes also the workaround has not been found within Incident analysis) - this situation is indicated by unchecked Known Error field. When we find the root cause of a Problem and identify the workaround, we represent this situation in OVSD by checking the Known error field. So, within the Problem lifecycle we need only TWO states of this field. If we can`t explaint the meaning of the THIRD state to our customer, we have to limit the number of stated to TWO. And I really don`t know, what is the meaning of the third (grey - not checked and not unchecked) state and I also don`t know how to limit the number of states for Know error.
Any explanations or suggestions?
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Hey Bob,

I think the tristate situation is the result of thoughtlessness, rather than required functionality.

However, note that the view filter has an operator that takes into account the NULL value of a "boolean" field. You can use this operator to distinguish between TRUE (on the one hand), and FALSE or NULL (on the other).

-Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event