The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klient Die when i try to relate a new template SD 4.5

Highlighted
Ulf Furn
Collector

Klient Die when i try to relate a new template SD 4.5

Hello i hope some one can help me. I created a new template under Service Call named it "06 Hantera ny behov" Then i open the role and choose advanced for Service Call-> Template. Now things is start to go wrong. When i push the button Relate it should prevent me with a list of templates that a can relate to this role! But i get this. Microsoft VM Command Line Interpreter has encountered a problem and nedds to close"
And i can choose to Send errror report or not send report Gahhhh! This error message dont help me in any way. Some one told me that this can have to do with an old template that some one removed but the database is not in sync and missed that. So the DB thinks the template still exist and cant generate the list with templates? HELP!!!!

Best Regards Stefan S
13 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Klient Die when i try to relate a new template SD 4.5

Delete your client cache and then try to relate new templates to roles. You can do so either using the OVSD client GUI (Tools --> options dialog) or through /application data/hewlett packard/openview folder.
Ulf Furn
Collector

Sorry forgot to tell you but i alredy deleted the cache did not work,
//S
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Can you provide a copy of your logclient.txt? That should give a bigger picture on how to resolve this issue.

Also, try to reinstall the Microsoft VM. It may be the erroneous factor.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Ulf Furn
Collector

Hi. Alredy tried ro reinstall VM. Did not work. Also tried to reinstall my client did not work. Even log on from another client same result. :-(
attach the file //Stefan S
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Stefan,

The log doesn't tell anything. It seems like your system crashes without even shutting down erroneously.
Try to check the DB consistancy using the 'sd_dbconfwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE' command.

Maybe your doubts on DB structure can give us some insight.

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Ulf Furn
Collector

Hmm a stupid question. Never herad about this command. And i cant find it on my pc.
Where does the command reside?
And if you can give me an example of syntax it will be a great help. Best Regards Stefan
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This command path is
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\bin\sd_dbconfwizard.bat

syntax is:

c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\bin>sd_dbconfwizard.bat -CHECKSTRUCTURE

It helps to identify DB inconsistancies.

Regards,

Saurabh
Ulf Furn
Collector

Ahhh its a server command. Ok we are running the SD server on Unix and Oracle.
I did find the command on the server but the syntax dosent work. Trying to find man page for syntax no luck. About the cache shoud also remove the contents in cache catalog on server?

//S
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Stefan,

The CHECKSTRUCTURE is the command line parameter for checking the inconsistancy as i mentioned before. You're running this on Unix, i'm guessing HP-UX. You can try to see if you can open the depot file and find the actual syntax for the same.
With regards to clearing the cache - you can try it; though I don't know whether it can have any effect (+ve or -ve).
Are you facing this issue on all clients or only in a few specific instances??

Regards,

Saurabh
Ulf Furn
Collector

Hi sending the output from sd_dbconfwizard command:
rainbow # sd_dbconfwizard -CHECKSTRUCTURE
Checking database structure in console mode.
Changing the session dateformat to:MM/DD/RR HH24:MI:SS
Changing the session dateformat to:MM/DD/RR HH24:MI:SS
Database name:Oracle
Database version:Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.3.0 - Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.3.0 - Production
JDBC drivername:Oracle JDBC driver
JDBC driverversion:9.0.1.1.0
datauser:sd
repouser:sd
database:rainbow:1521:SD
dbtype :ORACLE
Initializing.
SQLDialect: Oracle
DatabaseServer:rainbow
DatabasePort:1521
DatabaseInstance:SD
Connections to datastore :sd successfully opened
Connections to repository:sd successfully opened
Initializing InfoManager
Initializing DataMappingModel
Class version:4.5.0588.1506
Fetching ObjectModel
Database version:4.5.0588.1506
Checking messages(rep_messages)
Checking messages(rep_messages_locale)
Checking labels(rep_labels)
Checking labels(rep_labels_locale)
Checking entities
Checking attributes
Checking cartridges
Checking tables
Checking tables not in object model
Checking obsolete attributes
Finished.
Finished checking database structure.
Exit

Hmm well on does client i have tried i got the same error. Do you think it can have anything to do with my user?
//S
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Stefan,

There is no error in this output. The DB seems OK to me.

Other questions:

1. Only this client system is giving this issue or all the clients?

2. Does this happen only when you try to relate this new Template or any other template??

Try the follwoing:
Delete this template. Go to the role and choose advanced for Service Call-> Template. Then instead of selecting relate, select add and add the new template from that step.

See if it works...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh

PS: Can this be a bad sector on DB hard drive issue? Wild thought!!!
Ulf Furn
Collector

Thanks for all the help. The solution was in the database. It seems that a template was deleted i the client gui but did not sync with the database. The database keept the TEM_OID row in the table REP_TEMPLATES but removed the row TEM_NAME. So when i tried to relate a template in SC for a role the gui could not list the templtes from the table REP_TEMPLATES with the fields TEM_OID and TEM_NAME. The sql used to find this row.

select tem_oid, tem_name, tem_ent_oid
from rep_templates
where tem_ent_oid=563019801
and tem_name is null;

The field tem_ent_oid has a unique key that allways relate to SC templates.

Thanks every body for your time.
Stefan Ståhl
Ulf Furn
Collector

Thread closed. Problem solved.
//Stefan S
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event