Jobs for HP Openview Service Desk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Steven Curso
Trusted Contributor.

Jobs for HP Openview Service Desk

Hi all,

I've worked with OVSD only for a year now and have just got my ITIL foundations and HP Openview Service Desk certifications and was wondering if anyone has an idea on where Openview Service Desk is more implemented "geographically" speaking. What I mean is, is it stronger in Europe, USA or Asia ( Australia for example )?

Second part of my post is regarding free-lancers in this area. In 1 or 2 years I'll have 2/3 years experience with the application, do you think, by you're own experience, that it's possible to try to apply to projects as a freelancer successfully ? And if so, what are the main websites that cover employers request from all over the world ? I know jobserve, are there better ones or more focused ones to our area of expertise ?

Cheers all and sorry for the off-technical post.

Regards
6 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Jobs for HP Openview Service Desk

Steven,

There is a thread somewhere on this forum where people have given the details of who they are and where they work. You might get some information from that. Otherwise, H-P keeps this sort of information very close to the chest.

-Josh
Steven Curso
Trusted Contributor.

Wasn't looking for specific information that HP would keep a secret...just looking for freelancing experience and the best ways to search for a job specificcally with HP Service Desk.

As I said the job search engine that I use is www.jobserve.com, was wondering if there is an easier or better one more focused on HP products maybe...

Cheers
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Steven.
I agree join to you command :).

Vassili
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

Following this forum, i can see there are a lof of implementations over the world. Speaking of my country, quite a number, i may say.

If you are planning to work as a freelancer, i think you gotto have your own company, even if it has one employee since all customers would like to deal with a company, not a person. Another option is finding local HP openview partners, introduce them yourself, and give them consultancy about sd when they are out of resources when implementing sd projects. Consider some openview partners may even not have a sd consultant.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Steve your question "will you be able to freelance after a year?" short answer, sure... will you be effective? who knows, depends on your exposure... I imagine if you implement for one client (current emp) what you've done there may specifically be with ovsd on win2k/03svr w/ sql, now you get a job implementing on Oracle or Solaris... do you know anything about them? Now a customer wants the webapi programmed, could you do it?... in short I guess it's whatever you feel you can do, then so be it, just do it...

Just some thoughts, but by all means be aggressive man! :) good luck.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Steven Curso
Trusted Contributor.

Marc,

I understand your point and you make a good one :). I was asking more in the sense of custommers or HP partners normally or not hiring freelancers for short or long term projects or if it was difficult to "get in" as a freenlancer because of established companies competition but I guess that would be a long discussion :).

Cheers