Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Java.lang.NullPointerException will accessing HP webconsole in HP servicedesk 5.1

Highlighted
Fenny_1
Honored Contributor.

Java.lang.NullPointerException will accessing HP webconsole in HP servicedesk 5.1

Hi,
Am trying to access Hp webconsole using windows vista and am facing "java.lang.nullPointerException". 3 days earlier it's working perfectly.
I tried to locate the cache folder but on vista it's not there.
Guide me what to do.
5 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Java.lang.NullPointerException will accessing HP webconsole in HP servicedesk 5.1

Hi Fenny,

if you have the same error on different PC's no matter if they're vista or XP... try clearing the WebConsole cache on the server.

Stop Ovtomcat and Ovapache services and clear the content of the following directories:
If the server is Windows operating system:
\data\datafiles\webconsole\Application Data\

If UNIX operating systems:
/var/opt/OV/datafiles/webconsole/.ov

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Fenny_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: Java.lang.NullPointerException will accessing HP webconsole in HP servicedesk 5.1

Dear Randall,
Thanks for your reply.
Only one client is facing this issue. Rest of them are not facing any issue like that.

Can you still recommend me to follow your instructions??
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Go to the machine's Control Panel and check the java version vs. a machine that actually works.

By the way... HP told us that web console wasn't supported any longer. How has your experience with it been?
Fenny_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi,
I dont have a very good experience with web console. As sometimes its behaving in a very unusual way.
Like here, on another desktop everything is same and it's working fine. Here the user cannot even login.
AndrewB
Super Contributor.

Hi Fenny,

This may be caused by an earlier bug around authentication. This is resolved in sp5. The work around is to restart the webserver services. Deleting the cache is not required in this workaround. The restart can be done from the console by logging on as "system". Select the "Web Console Administrator" from the drop down in the upper left corner. Then scroll down and click on "restart" next to restart sevlet engine.

https://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QXCR1000438951?docid=QXCR1000438951&isEnhancementRequest=true
hth

Andrew