Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Java Error when starting the Server Services after SP29

Highlighted
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

Java Error when starting the Server Services after SP29

I have just upgraded to SP29 from SP25 and the server service keeps stopping with the following error:

The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of 2, the service is being stopped.

My version of java is 1.6.0_10-b33, but worked with SP25. Do I need to revert back to a 1.5 version of the JRE? If so, how do I do that? Everything else (the server, client and database) says that it's on SP29. I'm only in development at this point but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Colleen
1 REPLY
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Java Error when starting the Server Services after SP29

Hi Colleen,

Java 1.6.0 is not yet supported for SD4.5. Using a newer Java release may cause undesired behaviors.

Simply uninstall every Java version (I normally do higher to lower) and reboot the system in-between uninstallations so that the Windows Registry is refreshed every time. Uninstalling all Java versions at once has cost me a fair share of headaches with the Windows Registry.

Then download and install the supported version for SD4.5, reboot again and finally run reinstallservice.bat, hopefully that will take care of the "JVM exited with a code of 2" error.

Hope that helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike