Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jasper Urgent Help

Highlighted
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Jasper Urgent Help

Hi Jasper,

Need urgent help...I need to design about 16 forms on web for the customer.I have already designed some 5 forms with some automatic approvers tasks.But I got stuck with the usage of custom fields.

Can you pls suggest any workaround for the same..
Also suggest whether HPSD 5.0.1 version that is expected to come next year will/can have some functionality of extra custom fields creation??

Pls suggest..

Regards,
Akhil
5 REPLIES
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

Re: Jasper Urgent Help

No idea, why you are asking me for this one....

No idea why you need more custom fields. In our websolution you are able to define webforms without any coding and distribute the answers to your HPSD environment.

I have heard some rumours that SP17/18 might give you the ability to define unlimited custom fields...

Jasper
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Jasper, you're being asked because you've achieved the position of most SD resourcefull guy here. BTW, how's going your G****e SD project?

Akhil, you need to address custome fileds by their original names - i.e. not what you set up in Admin console. For example ServiceCall.getServicecallDate1() would retrieve first Date custome field of ServiceCall. Is this what you need?
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Rodavon, I have already achieved the process of usage of custom fields on service pages.Wyhat I am asking is if we have suppose x text custom fields which I have already used and I want one more text field then how can do this?

Currently in HPSD 4.5 with sp13, this is not possible to customize new out of box custom fields.I heard that in HPSD 5.0.1, we can create a number of out of box custom fields.

Regards,
Akhil
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

I see. Well you can extend them - but that's unsupported as now (directly changing database - but it's not trivial).

However I can confirm what Jasper has written - in one of the coming service packs for 4.5 there should be unlimited number of custom fields - so you'll be able to add new ones...
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for replies...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event