Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

JDBC error 8103

Highlighted
Ledy
New Member.

JDBC error 8103

Hello,
I'm used SD 4.5 SP15. When I try to open a specific service call, using a concurrent user, a received the error : Connection to Service desk data failed. When I'm using the administrator, I can open this service call but the history are empty and the messages that are in the attachments appear. The last lines are the lines that appear in the log.
I tried to modified this service call but nothing occur. What can I do?
12 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

Hi,
Are you did SP update? or it is the first installetion? anyway you have problem with DB, beliave you lost FK between itsm_historylines_servicecall and itsm_servicecall.

Vasily
Ledy
New Member.

Re: JDBC error 8103

No, nobody make any modification. I can open others service calls. Why this occurs?
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

How long your DB is UP, did you set any restriction on grow the DB? is it free space available on DB server? are you can create WO or other item in your DB?

Vasily
Ledy Bueno
Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

Vasily,
Thank you for your quick answer. Every Sunday we shutdown the BD to make backup. There is no limit to the BD and we can open new service calls every day. I don't know what is WO.
Ledy
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

HI
WO - work order.
If before all working fine, find what a change in you software enviroment, patches, updates and etc. install the second application server and test SC creation, if all good, copy lib folder from test to production, and clear the cache folder on production server, if not 100% problem in DB or DB s/w. if you have backup that good - restore (week ago) DB backup on different DB and connect to this DB test Application server, test SC(Servicecall) creation, if SC created without errors, get more early backup, if errors is present, get backup more oldest.

Vasily
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

If only this one service call is affected regardless of which PC you are using, you may have a corrupted database.
Use the client parameter -checkstructure or -internal to check your database and check the result in logdatabase.txt.
Ledy Bueno
Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

JaS,
How can I run this checkstructure?
Ledy
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

On the apps server, do a search on where your sd_dbconfwizard.bat is kept. By default, it should be in c:\program files\hewlett-packard\service desk 4.5\server\bin. If its not, change the path below to match your environment.

Click on start, run, run this command "c:\program files\hewlett-packard\service desk 4.5\server\bin\sd_dbconfwizard.bat
-checkstructure". Please check the location of your sd_dbconfwizard.bat as it may be different from the default and change accordingly.
Ledy Bueno
Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

JaS,
I made this. I think nothing is wrong. The log file is attached. Can you see?
Ledy
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

Hi Ledy,

The result is fine but the check database is checking at high level but does not check low level.

Have you have tried clearing the server cache and the client cache ?

The other option is restore your db but that is not worthwhile, just for 1 service call. That service call sounds corrupted if clearing the cache does not help. If possible, you may try to copy the data from the corrupted service call to a new one (manually) and delete the corrupted one. I have done that for a corrupted rule before but not for a service call.
Tim Black
Super Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

I've been getting also that same error along with some out of memory errors on the server log right after upgrading to SP19. I ran the checkstructure and got some errors.

Log is attached.

Thanks :)
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: JDBC error 8103

Tim,

Your db showed a corruption with the localization for an object. The object id is given but can't tell what the object is. You can ignore the table errors, it just found some non service desk tables.
With localization issue, sometimes you can tell which object is affected as you will see goobledegook in a rule or some fields. If you can see it, you can delete it and replace it with a new one with the dat salvage from the corrupted one.
If your upgrades was recent, it might be worthwhile to rollback and retry the upgrade.