Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with SP 18 & 19

Highlighted
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Issues with SP 18 & 19

Hi FOlks,

I me reviewing a list of issues identified as having been introduced with either SP 18 & 19 provided by Hp.

I would also like to know any issues that you have found with either of these service packs. We currently have an option to upgrade to SP 18 or higher but I want to identify any issues that they have caused.

If you could please post your response detailing which SP you are refering to.

Thanks.
9 REPLIES
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Re: Issues with SP 18 & 19

Hi Mark,

Please find the attached sheet having all the defects of sp18 and sp19.

Hope this helps :-)
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Akhil,

could you please mail to this address. Having problems saving the file.

oloughlin.mark@gmail.com

Thanks.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Mark,

We "upgraded" from SP 8 to SP 18 and have encountered the following issues. Some of them may have been introduced by intervening SPs.

1. Often, the template is not correctly displayed for an item - the field is blank.

2. When a UI rule is triggered by a value change, and when that value change is done by a change in the template, the UI rule is not triggered.

3. When you log in, the last login name is displayed. However, unlike every other application I have ever seen, the focus is by default on the login name field, not on the password field. So be prepared for users typing their passwords in clear text in the wrong field.

4. Performance is not good when dynamic forms are used. Either you cache them, and then it takes a long time to login, or you do not cache them and it takes a long time every time you open one.

5. ACES has become extremely unreliable. We regularly move changes to a lot of different types of objects at the same time. Many of the changes simply do not occur, even though there are no errors in the log. It works, though, if you do only one change at a time.

6. You are unable to migrate changes to generic relations via ACES (I guess this was already an issue in SP17).

7. You have to recompile the Web API if you create a new custom field. I find this lack of this functionality to be unconscionable.

8. There is a delightful bug in the way error messages are displayed, such that you only see, by default, the beginning of the message, but not the part that has the key information. For example, you could see a message like "Cannot save - the following fields are required:" but NOT see the list of required fields. I guess they thought that no one would be making mistakes anymore, after 18 Service Packs.

I said it before and I repeat it here. IMHO, SP18 is not the work of a professional software development organization.

-Josh
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Mark,

I have mailed you the doc containing defect reports of sp1 to sp19..

Regards,
Akhil
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

thanks for the details. I want to keep this open so don't want to put on the magical answer.

Josh will you add another reply for the extra points.
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Mark,

Upgrading from SP15 (or earlier) to SP16 (or higher) must migrate existing attachment folder structure.

Attached you will find the doc with the steps to do so.

Hope this also helps you :-)

Regards,
Akhil
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

I just discovered another one:
You cannot flag a custom field that you create yourself as a copy field.

-Josh
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

SP19 introduced a problem that some gui/web console clients are unable to connect if the server is on a machine with multiple NICS.

HP give us a hotfix because we had serious trouble since our outsources orgs could not connect to service desk server after the upgrade. It is stated as fixed in SP20
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

And something else I remembered. I don't know if it is specific to SP19.

The problem is that if you have both a hotfix and a service pack, the hotfix is applied first. So, if you have a client with an older service pack and you have applied an SP and a hotfix, the client after receiving the hotfix will not run again. You must install service pack by hand.

This is not really a problem, rather a decision that HP has to made when gave the functionality.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event