Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Custom Field Sizes in Service Call

Highlighted
Trevor Sandry
Super Collector

Issue with Custom Field Sizes in Service Call

I am using 4.5 SP17 and I have some custom fields created as Text 255, but they do not seem to take any where near that amount of data.

Does anyone have any ideas why.

Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with Custom Field Sizes in Service Call

Hello Trevor,

Does this happen with ASCII text? What is the largest string you can enter in one of these fields?

Did you try to instert some double byte characters?
menes fhtagn
Trevor Sandry
Super Collector

It is just standard text that is being entered and we seem to be able to get no more than 150 chars and some of the box sizes are far too big also
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Trevor,

About the box sizes... well, get used to it. Beloved HP provided no way of sizing of the fields on the forms, so yes, the form size of a text field can be... very big!

But the other thing, well is very strange. Are you sure that it cannot fit more than 150 ascii chars?

Paste the string 12345679012345679012345679012345678901234567890
(50 chars size) several times, each time separated by a newline.
menes fhtagn
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

try copying the data into notepad / word and using word count count the number of characters displayed. at times if you have copied special characters or images and while pasting, probably few characters are omitted.

just a blind guess.

raman
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

you may try accommodating this custom field in the page where you have more number of fields. with this, the field size would be reduced a bit.

if you are still unable to copy paste 255 characters into the Text 255 field, just exit from your client, delete or move the cache contents, relogin and then check.

i am sure, caching might not be the cause, still give it a try.

raman
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event