Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Is there a way to do a mass "unrelate" of CI to CI relationships via Data Exchange?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Moxie
Super Contributor.

Is there a way to do a mass "unrelate" of CI to CI relationships via Data Exchange?

I have a need to do a mass unrelate of a CI to CI relationship. Is there a way to do this using Data Exchange? Anything other than using the OVSD form to unrelate?

I don't believe a direct DB update is possible due to the HP maintenance contract.
Do it right the first time
7 REPLIES
Moxie
Super Contributor.

Re: Is there a way to do a mass "unrelate" of CI to CI relationships via Data Exchange?

BTW: SP 11, soon to be on SP17
Anda Apine
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Is there a way to do a mass "unrelate" of CI to CI relationships via Data Exchange?

Hi, Moxie!

it is just an idea...

1. create new relation type - removed.

2. update all relations that you what to unrelate using "CI from" and "CI to" for unique key.

in result you will have something like:
CI1 - removed CI2
CI2 - removed CI4
CI2 - removed CI6

3. Update relations with data
CI from = CI1
CI to = CI2
relation type= removed

this time use removed as unique key.
It should change it to:
CI1 - removed CI2
CI1 - removed CI2
CI1 - removed CI2

basically one relation - which you can unrelate manually.

I have not tested it - it is just an idea. Let me know is it working.

Wish you luck,

Anda
Moxie
Super Contributor.

I will try that idea, and although I am not sure if it will work, you get points for creativity!
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Moxie,

DataExchange does not allow you to delete relations. You can do this, however, using the Web-API.

-Josh
Elias Abboud
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did you pursue the possibility of directly modifying the DB with SQL queries??

If you can't solve it, post it :)
Moxie
Super Contributor.

Josiah,

I will look into the Web-API. Currently the organization I work for does not do much with custom APIs with OVSD. However, that may change in the near future. Thanks for the response.

Per our HP Contract we cannot modify the database with a direct query or statement.
Moxie
Super Contributor.