Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add a new workgroup to an existing customized view?

Highlighted
Sergio Ohnishi
Acclaimed Contributor

Is there a way to add a new workgroup to an existing customized view?

Our support has created a customized view for our group. I would like to add another workgroup to this view? is this possible? if yes, how can I do that?
6 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a way to add a new workgroup to an existing customized view?

Hi,

For what product is your question?

If this is Servcie Desk, you can just customize the view again, go to fields and add this other workgroup field, it should appear as a new column in the view.

Now, the trick is that you must have this second field already defined in the form/module, i.e. via cstom field (WG type).

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Sergio Ohnishi
Acclaimed Contributor

HP Service Desk Version 4.5.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Then, my suggestion above should work.

Points for help/tips are much appreciated!

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
Sergio Ohnishi
Acclaimed Contributor

can i ask u a stupid question? when I go to customize current view, which field i should chosoe to add the new workgroup? thanks
Err_1
Honored Contributor

When you open any record form that view, do you see this second workgroup in the form?

If you do not see this second workgroup, is probably because this has not yet been added by support... hence you can only relate 1 workgroup at a time.

To have another workgroup available in your form and views, you need to cerate it first as a custom field...

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
JoHo

Sergio, I am not sure whether you actually want to add a new workgroup _field_. Please describe more in detail what you have and what you want to achieve.

Example: I got a view which shows all servicecalls assigned to workgroup "A", and I want this view to in addition show the servicecalls assigned to workgroup "B".
Or: We in our workgroup "A" use the View "our view", and I need to allow workgroup "B" to access our view as well.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event