The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to extract the "Esc Status" from the OVSD programmatically?

Highlighted
Koijam Baleshwo
Regular Collector

Is it possible to extract the "Esc Status" from the OVSD programmatically?

Hi,

I am developing an application for which i need to extract the value in the "esc status" text box in OVSD, is there any ways of API for this purpose. Please help.

Regards,
KOijam Balesh
2 REPLIES
Frans_F
Honored Contributor

Re: Is it possible to extract the "Esc Status" from the OVSD programmatically?

As "esc status" is just a label I don't know exactly what field it is you are refering to (custom field or not / to what item des the field belong / etc), also are you talking SD 4.5 or 5.x. In priciple you can extract the value of any stored field via the web-api.

As the label is not used in the API you need to find the original name for the text field as this is the closest link to the name via the api.

Also have a look at the example java files provided with the api they may give you also a clue for example example2.java (sd 5.x) gives you example code to view a service call and retrieve some field info when you know the call ID.
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Koijam Baleshwo
Regular Collector

Re: Is it possible to extract the "Esc Status" from the OVSD programmatically?

Hi Frans,
yes i am talking about the value of the "Esc Status" label. i had gone through the example2.java file, but the API for extracting the value of esc status label is not found. i even tried with the api available. i think finding the actual text field name is the best solution.Is there any way to find the actual name of the text field?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event