Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverse Relationships Checks

Highlighted
Envoy2064
Super Collector

Inverse Relationships Checks

Hi,
I have HP OpenView 4.5 Service Desk system, and have custom relationships (call them type "A" and type "B"). I have batch loaded the relationships from an excel sheet, but for some reason, even though a "forward direction for A" relationship is loaded, the HPSD does not automatically add a record for the "reverse or inverse direction for A". So if "CI 1 is related via A ON CI 2" then there should be "CI 2 is related via A TO CI 1", but there is not.

Does anyone know how I can verify that all such inverse relationships are there, or fix any such gaps? Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Re: Inverse Relationships Checks

Hi,

One way to verify is to run some scripts on itsm_relations table in order to compare the two custom relations.

Another way is to export the data from a view that contains the relationships and compare them. In the shorcut bar Right click -> Add Shortcut . . . -> File or URL. Enter in the first box ent_oid corresponding ent_name = 'CI relation' from ifc_entities table, and in the Name box you can put anything.
For my system ent_oid is 1137770499.
You can try with this value.

I think that your problems are related to import mapping.

Regards,
Mihai
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

whan you set up the actual relationship code in the admin console you are able to set an inverse relationship. You must first create all the relationships (forward and reverse) and then you can select a reverse relationship for every forward relationship.
Michaela P.
Collector

Hi,

This happened to me too. I found CIs having a relation with other CIs, but those other CIs don't show that they are connected by a reverse relation to the original CI. Even though all of the CI relations are two-sided, with a reverse relation specified. Do you please now why this could happen??

Thank you a lot
Michaela
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event