Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration OVOW7.5 and SD4.5 on 2003S

Highlighted
mroeder
Occasional Advisor

Integration OVOW7.5 and SD4.5 on 2003S

The integration papers for OVOW7.5 and ServiceDesk4.5 (sp17) refer to integration using Windows2000S systems, and call for the Wbem ODBC driver that is not supported or available for Windows2003S systems. What is the procedure for integrating these systems on a 2003S environment.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Illya Lyfar
Regular Collector

Re: Integration OVOW7.5 and SD4.5 on 2003S

Hi!
Try to use OVSDSync application (you can find this application in doc\itsm006849 folder of SP19 package).
mroeder
Occasional Advisor

Thanks - I found this in the support tree from SP12 onwards. SP19 is something we're not going to entertain because of the upgrade path dependancies (5.2 instead of 5.1)

We're got the Objects loaded into SD now. Next is the incident integration....
Hasim.Baba
Frequent Visitor

HI,

Just a suggestion if you are considering Incident forwarding from OVOW to SD, try to avoid using the integration provided with the integration package as I have been badly hit in the environment in which I am implementing the integration. The wbem template that sends the incident tickets is not robust and queues up incidents if there is a message storm approx > 100 in a five minute interval and it ultimately leads to removing the queues manually. Also the second template to forward the message changes, does more harm, you might want to disable it incase you decide to go ahead with just the forwarding option (message ack from OVOW would not be closed in OVSD). Try using the integration package provided at ovinternals, its more robust and provides lot flexbility in terms of selection of messages to be forwarded to OVSD.

HTH
Regards,
-Hasim
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event