Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating new Incident fields (Service Desk) with TeMIP to Service Desk Liaison

Highlighted
Saad Masood
Super Collector

Integrating new Incident fields (Service Desk) with TeMIP to Service Desk Liaison

Hi everyone,
I have the standard installation/configuration of HP TeMIP to Service desk liaison deployed in our TEMIP project. Now i want to add new Incident Form fields in the current integration, like i create a new field on the Incident form and then define the field in tttl.ini and then define its mapping in tttl.config file.
But!!.. i have tried that, and when i create the Trouble ticket from TeMIP, it returns exception on the Field name like "Exception : IncShorttext1". The HP documentation in this regard doesnt help much!!

please help, as i am stucked at my project!!
Regards
Saad , Telenor Pakistan
4 REPLIES
MarkvL
Honored Contributor

Re: Integrating new Incident fields (Service Desk) with TeMIP to Service Desk Liaison

Hello Saad,

In the import mapping in Service Desk, did you set the field IncShorttext1 reference?
By Double clicking on the field you can see it's mapping, set this to text.

Is the custom field still called IncShorttext1 in Service desk or did you rename it, if so you need to use the new name.

Is the field name correctly in the ini file?

Finally you can try to place the field in a form in SD and try to insert the value from TEMIP manually into the field by copy and paste, just to see if this value can be stored in this kind of field.

If this does not help please attach the used files and a screenshot of the import mapping and I can check them.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Saad Masood
Super Collector

Re: Integrating new Incident fields (Service Desk) with TeMIP to Service Desk Liaison

Mark, bundle of Thanks for your reply.

The problem is solved now!!... I made a mistake in the transformation module, I assigned two different values("test" and then "KKZ") to a single attribute(SITE_ID)....and as there can't be two values assigned to a single attribute in "out_attr_set", the liaison returned an exception.

so i just removed the assignment and problem's solved!!

One thing still remains... there is nothing written in the HP liaison docs about the Syntax of the field definitions that are needed for for every new addition of field in tttl.ini, Can you help me in that, how to define new Service Desk fields IDs in tttl.ini?
btw:I have attached along my tttl.ini, in which i defined SITE_ID_ATTRIBUTE= IncShorttext1.

Thanks
Saad
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

If Mark's reply helped please give him some points!!

Regards, ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
marwa5_1
Regular Collector

Hi All,

Already we have TeMIP & Service Desk Liaison established, all we need is to add friendly name in order to be shown on the SD form

so please what are the steps required to add another TeMIP attribute which is friendly name to be displayed also on SD the incident form
thx
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event