The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installtion of SD 5.0 Terminates

Highlighted
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

Installtion of SD 5.0 Terminates

When we are attempting to install SD 5.0 we the installation temrminates with the following error message.

Failure installing : package HPOvCdmSv 2.00.502 (HP OpenView Core Data Model Server)

Can someone point me as to what we need to do? Thanks.

I am also attaching and HTML doc that has the log information as to what was successful and what did not succed.
2 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Re: Installtion of SD 5.0 Terminates

Hi Gary,

Have you read through the Manual correctly?? I ran into a similar issue at first but rectified it when did the following:

The prerequisites for an installation on a Windows platform are as
follows:
If you are installing the Service Desk Management Server on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server or a Windows 2003 Advanced Server, you must disable the Use Temporary Folders checkbox in the Terminal Services Installing a Service Desk Management Server configuration screen. To access this screen, select Startâ Settingsâ Control Panelâ Administrative Toolsâ Terminal
Services.

THis is on Page 75-76 of Installation Manual.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Gary Stevens_2
Super Collector

Re: Installtion of SD 5.0 Terminates

The install went better however we now get the error below. I will also post as a different thread.

Hp OVCMMO 1.00.610 has failed.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event