cancel

Installing license on Service desk 5.10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Installing license on Service desk 5.10

We are using Service desk 5.10 SP2 on Solaris 10 & oracle 9i platform.
I have generated license keys for service desk modules & users. Now I want to install it. But not able to find the procedure.
I checked HP documents but apart from knowing that now license is manged by Autopass I am not getting any more information.
As per installation guide (pg 176) the executable (OvsdLic) to view existing license should be in /opt/OV/bin directory. But this is not there. Instead there is OvObsLic here. On executing this it gives the message "Please specify a valid Product Definition file".
Can someone please tell me the procedure for installing license in Service desk 5.10 on Unix.
Thanks
8 REPLIES
bpgraham
Super Contributor.

Re: Installing license on Service desk 5.10

I'm not sure about the unix command but I can show you what the windows platform invokes. The bat file is a call to a java routine (different than what is listed in your description). Here's the call line, hopefully you can apply it to the unix environment:

"%OV_JAVA%" -showversion %OV_OPTS% -Xbootclasspath/a:"%CommonProgramFiles%/Hewlett-Packard/HPOvLIC/lib/help.jar" -jar "%~dp0..\java\obs-launcher.jar" "%~dp0..\java\OvObsServer.jar" -main com.hp.ov.obs.license.LicenseUiUtil %*
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the reply.
Can you please tell me the name of this batch file.
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bhuvnesh,

As far as I know, you can create/ generate Certificates using ovcert or ovcm commands in /opt/OV/bin. The licences cannot be created, but only bought and added thro' the OvsdLic. I would like to know if the installation was successful and your able to login with the system/openview account. Let me know if am missing something here.

Regards,
Sandeep
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Hi Sandeep,
yes installation was succesful.I am able to use the product. Now I am trying to install permanent license.
Since I am not importing certificates I dont think ovcert would help.
As mentioned I am not able to find OvsdLic executable on this system. I dont know whats the reason.
Regards,
Bhuvnesh
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Hey Bhuvnesh,

Copy the script I have attached, into /opt/OV/bin. Before running it, make sure that this pdf file is available (/bin/sh /opt/OV/bin/OvObsLic /opt/OV/misc/sd/pdfiles/OVSDESK5_pdf.txt) in the same path. If not modify the script to point to this pdf.

Regards,
Sandeep
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Unable to download ur script. Could u pls zip it and attach.
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.
Solution

you can save the below script as OvSdLic.sh and save it in /opt/OV/bin
--------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# © Copyright 2005 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
# Allow us to run from the installed bin directory

/bin/sh /opt/OV/bin/OvObsLic /opt/OV/misc/sd/pdfiles/OVSDESK5_pdf.txt
--------------------------------------------

Sorry, do not have winzip.

Regards,
Sandeep
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Sandeep.
I was able to install license.
Actually this script was there on my server but with a variation in the name.
It was known as ovsdlic.sh (all in lower case). I should have searched with both cases..