Did you mean: 

Installing license on Service desk 5.10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Installing license on Service desk 5.10

We are using Service desk 5.10 SP2 on Solaris 10 & oracle 9i platform.
I have generated license keys for service desk modules & users. Now I want to install it. But not able to find the procedure.
I checked HP documents but apart from knowing that now license is manged by Autopass I am not getting any more information.
As per installation guide (pg 176) the executable (OvsdLic) to view existing license should be in /opt/OV/bin directory. But this is not there. Instead there is OvObsLic here. On executing this it gives the message "Please specify a valid Product Definition file".
Can someone please tell me the procedure for installing license in Service desk 5.10 on Unix.
Thanks
8 REPLIES
bpgraham
Collector

Re: Installing license on Service desk 5.10

I'm not sure about the unix command but I can show you what the windows platform invokes. The bat file is a call to a java routine (different than what is listed in your description). Here's the call line, hopefully you can apply it to the unix environment:

"%OV_JAVA%" -showversion %OV_OPTS% -Xbootclasspath/a:"%CommonProgramFiles%/Hewlett-Packard/HPOvLIC/lib/help.jar" -jar "%~dp0..\java\obs-launcher.jar" "%~dp0..\java\OvObsServer.jar" -main com.hp.ov.obs.license.LicenseUiUtil %*
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.
Can you please tell me the name of this batch file.
sandeep_

Hi Bhuvnesh,

As far as I know, you can create/ generate Certificates using ovcert or ovcm commands in /opt/OV/bin. The licences cannot be created, but only bought and added thro' the OvsdLic. I would like to know if the installation was successful and your able to login with the system/openview account. Let me know if am missing something here.

Regards,
Sandeep
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sandeep,
yes installation was succesful.I am able to use the product. Now I am trying to install permanent license.
Since I am not importing certificates I dont think ovcert would help.
As mentioned I am not able to find OvsdLic executable on this system. I dont know whats the reason.
Regards,
Bhuvnesh
sandeep_

Hey Bhuvnesh,

Copy the script I have attached, into /opt/OV/bin. Before running it, make sure that this pdf file is available (/bin/sh /opt/OV/bin/OvObsLic /opt/OV/misc/sd/pdfiles/OVSDESK5_pdf.txt) in the same path. If not modify the script to point to this pdf.

Regards,
Sandeep
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Unable to download ur script. Could u pls zip it and attach.
sandeep_
Solution

you can save the below script as OvSdLic.sh and save it in /opt/OV/bin
--------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# © Copyright 2005 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
# Allow us to run from the installed bin directory

/bin/sh /opt/OV/bin/OvObsLic /opt/OV/misc/sd/pdfiles/OVSDESK5_pdf.txt
--------------------------------------------

Sorry, do not have winzip.

Regards,
Sandeep
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Sandeep.
I was able to install license.
Actually this script was there on my server but with a variation in the name.
It was known as ovsdlic.sh (all in lower case). I should have searched with both cases..
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event