Installing SDSK_00069 exit with Error 1311.Source file not found

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Charles Egbon
Respected Contributor.

Installing SDSK_00069 exit with Error 1311.Source file not found

Hi Guys,

I installed SD 4.5 without any patch and its being in production for over a year. Recently, I tried installing the SDSK_00069 patch and exited with the following error:
Error 1311.Source file not found: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1.OPE\My Documents\Service Desk\sd4.5\server\server\Data.Cab Verify that the file exits and that you can assess it.

What could be the cause of the cause of the problem? How can I fix it?
Thanks.
9 REPLIES
Simone Grandine
Honored Contributor.

Re: Installing SDSK_00069 exit with Error 1311.Source file not found

it sounds like an extraction zip problem.
try to extract exe file into a directory then exit from installation process.
Then try to start installation simply clickingon the apprpriate componet (server, agent, clie, etc..)

bye bye,
Simone
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Well,

Think .msi files... if you install from one location then change the location of the original files it will fail. Why? because there are pointers in the registry stating where the last source/orig source files where located. I have tried Microsofts msi removal tool in the past with one success and mostly failure. I have had success locating the registry entries and updating with the correct path... You need to dig a bit more, locate the registry entries, try changing the install source file pointers to where the files are currently located and give it another whirl.

Worst case senario, backup your CMDB, uninstall the app server and reinstall from a source file location THAT WILL NOT CHANGE in the future (to include the drive letter)...

good luck hth.
Marc
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
Copy Server folder with installetion files in any place, extract your SP, get Server.msp file and copy to Server source folder, run installetion, then server.msp .

Vassili
Charles Egbon
Respected Contributor.

Hi Guys, thanks so far for the information. In all the steps recommended I still end with same error. I used win 2003 Ent Ed. OS
Any further help?

Thanks
Charles.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, so you need extract "hp OpenView service desk 4.5 application server.msi" in Server folder, from SDSK_00036.EXE.

Vassili
Charles Egbon
Respected Contributor.

Hi Guys, I actually had to uninstall/reinstall the Application Server and then install the SP19. And the SP19 installation went fine. But when I tried to start the application server I got the error: "The version of the application server on openview.chaxnig.com (v4.5.0588.1905) is not compatible with the hp OpenView service desk database version (v4.5.0588)."
Please any further clue.

Thanks.

Charles.
Simone Grandine
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hi charles,
you have to go to Start->Programs->hp open view servicedesk 4.5->application server->run the database configuration wizard

then select Upgrade Database...

this operation ahve to be made every times you install a SP for SD

bye bye,
Simone
Charles Egbon
Respected Contributor.

Hi Guys,

I like to thank everyone for their contribution. The problem was solved by reinstalling the application server, extract the server.msi file from the SDSK_00069 install shield and copy it to the SD 4.5 installation server folder and execute it from that directory. Same way used to install the ServicePages.

Thanks alot and bye.

Charles.
Charles Egbon
Respected Contributor.

Hi Guys,

I like to thank everyone for their contribution. The problem was solved by reinstalling the application server, extract the server.msi file from the SDSK_00069 install shield and copy it to the SD 4.5 installation server folder and execute it from that directory. Same way used to install the ServicePages.

Thanks alot and bye.

Charles.