Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Client Service Desk

Highlighted
Sonia Urbaneja

Installation of Client Service Desk

Hi all,

customer wants to install HP Openview Service Desk Client with the option "Purge the cache" enabled.

How can we make this option enable in the installation package?.

Thanks for advanced.

Best Regards,
Sonia.
11 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Re: Installation of Client Service Desk

Hi Sonia,

You can do it on each terminal individually via tools > options > advanced > purge cache on exit

I think you can also do it per account by going via the admin console > security > access > application account > then open the account and go to tools > options and tick "purge cache on exit" at the account level.

let me know if this works

Jay
Sonia Urbaneja

Hi,

Ops, I can´t do it through terminal, because the number of PCs is very high. I have tried to do it with Security, Account Apications, etc., but it does not work =8^CCC.

Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Ok. This seems to work in setting the purge cache option for multiple person records at the same time. I havent tested to see if the results is a purged cache but you can try it out.

Simply go to the person view. Select all person records - go tools-options-advanced.
Put a check in purge cache on exit and ok. In testing with a few logins it sets the purge setting. I am only using one system without individual profiles so not sure if this is helping the outcome.

Please can you try with a few person accounts and see if their cache empties. It would be good to confirm this works.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Ok,
guess it doesn't work with different logins- Ah well. There is the option to use the switch /purgecache with the sd_cleint.bat but I'm finding it doesn't clear the cache as one one expect.
Oscar U Diaz
Regular Collector

Hello Sonia,

I think that what you want to do is not possible, because when you install the client SD, archiving sd_client.bat is decompressed.

Try editing the file sd_client.ini, adding at the end the choice /purgecache.

This must be done machine by machine, or modify one with some software and distribute it to all machine

Oscar Diaz
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Oscar,

I tried editing the sd_client.ini adding the parameter at the end and it didn't clear the cache as expected though even running the sd_client.bat with the paramter from the command line with the switch didn't clear the cache as expected. Maybe the issue is on my system. I am curious to see if it works as expected for others though.

Sonia, give it a shot and see what happens.
Oscar U Diaz
Regular Collector

Hi Mark, Sonia,

Placing this option (/ purgecache) at the end of the file sd_client.ini deletes the entire contents of the cache folder when it start the client of service desk, as we are cleaning up the cache when starting the client, again creating the files in the cache folder.

This makes a few slown the starting of the client, but maybe help.
Sonia Urbaneja

Hi all,

thank you very much for your ideas about this question.

Oscar, I have edit the .ini file, but when I open the console and check is the click (Purge the Cache) is on or off, and the result is that it is off.

I don´t know if when I start the client the cache is purged with this option in the .ini file, but I would like to mark the check-box (the customer wants to see it).

Did I do anything wrong?.

Best Regards,
Sonia.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Sonia,

placing the switch(/ purgecache) in the .ini does not set the check in the person record.

Sonia Urbaneja

Hi Mark,

I want to see the check marked in the customer console, not in Person object.

Regards,
Sonia.
Oscar U Diaz
Regular Collector

Hi Sonia,

What Mark said is true, with the option / purgecache not trigger the checmark in the option menu-> advanced, but clean files cache.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event