Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install HP OpenView Service Desk on win7 x64

Highlighted
shanbi
Acclaimed Contributor

Install HP OpenView Service Desk on win7 x64

I have both of 32bit & 64 bit of  HPOV SD installation package now. I want to install OpenView Service Desk on my win7 x64 PC. Can I know which version should I install ? 32 bit or 64 bit? 

And is there any tip for me to install on win7 x64?

I tried to install 64 bit HPOVSD on my PC, everything was fine and I can logon as well. but when I opened a service ticket (service call) and clicked "print" , the page was dead. I couldn't do anything about that page. I had to force close the program. Oh, the paper which I printed was blank..Anyone help?

3 REPLIES
DrFoul
Frequent Visitor

Re: Install HP OpenView Service Desk on win7 x64

Hi Shanbi,

Which version of SD are you using exactly? And which components of SD?

Service Desk 4.5 or 5.1, and which servicepack or patch number?

Note that on Windows 7 only the Client 2008 is supported. The "old" legacy client depends on MS Jview, which is not supported by MS anymore. Therefor HP ported the MS Java client to Sun Java: The Client 2008 which is available since sp23.

For the Sun Java components, please note that SD is still a 32-bit application, so you will need to use the 32-bit version of JRE5 or JRE6.

Refer to the release notes of your servicepack/patch download for exact versions recommended.

If you're printing from the "old" legacy client (how did you manage to install it on W7 64-bit, please tell me?), then which report style do you use? File > Report Style gives different style sheets, depending on whether you print a view with multiple records, or from an opened form. Did the print dialog disappear to the background, or did you get any error message on screen or in the client logfile?

Printing in SD goes via Internet Explorer, so which version do you have? IE8 or 9?

If you use a Canon printer, does http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2522422 or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2522071 help?

HPE Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.
shanbi
Acclaimed Contributor

DrFoul wrote:

Hi Shanbi,

Which version of SD are you using exactly? And which components of SD?

Service Desk 4.5 or 5.1, and which servicepack or patch number?

Note that on Windows 7 only the Client 2008 is supported. The "old" legacy client depends on MS Jview, which is not supported by MS anymore. Therefor HP ported the MS Java client to Sun Java: The Client 2008 which is available since sp23.

For the Sun Java components, please note that SD is still a 32-bit application, so you will need to use the 32-bit version of JRE5 or JRE6.

Refer to the release notes of your servicepack/patch download for exact versions recommended.

If you're printing from the "old" legacy client (how did you manage to install it on W7 64-bit, please tell me?), then which report style do you use? File > Report Style gives different style sheets, depending on whether you print a view with multiple records, or from an opened form. Did the print dialog disappear to the background, or did you get any error message on screen or in the client logfile?

Printing in SD goes via Internet Explorer, so which version do you have? IE8 or 9?

If you use a Canon printer, does http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2522422 or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2522071 help?

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Because our organization doesn't support client 2008 so we have to use OVSD 4.5 with service pack 24.

I can install HP OVSD 4.5 (x64) on my win7 x64. It works fine except printing.

I didn't print as a style, I just try to print the whole page of the service call. I can choose printer but when I click "print" the paper were all blank and the form of that service call was dead. This issue is existing even I just cancel the printing job after I launch that function.

I am current using IE 9 x32

jonomich
Acclaimed Contributor

Did you ever get any further with this?

Similar issue here.

Win 7 Pro 64bit

HPOV 4.5 SP17

IE 10

By opening a service call and choosing print preview it is possible to print from here as a workaround but choosing print straight from the service call procduces the freezing and blank pagebehaviour you describe.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event