cancel

(Informations) Service Desk - Version and Patches

Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

(Informations) Service Desk - Version and Patches

Hellow, fellows!

I need your knowledge about Service Desk version and Patches:

I have a HP Openview Service Desk 4,5. No patches installed. I have many problems with any aplicabilities of this system for this.

Are these patches applied on the Database or on the system?

So, Can you suplly me informations about what each patch corrects on the Service Desk?
These are patches: SP7, SP8, SP9,SP10, SP11 e SP12. Does it exist any home page where I could read about these corrections?

What is the Service Desk version more indicated for upgrade?

I need your help.
Regards,
Marcela.
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: (Informations) Service Desk - Version and Patches

Hi Marcela,

you apply the patch / service pack to the application servers first, then you run the "Upgrade Database Wizard" to upgrade the database to the same service pack level , then yo uhave to apply the patch / service pack to all the clients (which is the time consuming bit.

There is now a way to deploy the servcie packs to clients using the remote installer options that comes with one of the SP's (it could be SP10 but not sure from memory). I know people that got this working though we have not had success with this function but we have another susyem which is used to roll out the upgrade to the clients.

Details on the individual patches are available - dont have the site to hand. If its not added here when Im back tomorrow I will post it up for you.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

As well SP7 solved a lot of problems with OVSD and introduced some nice (but necessary) features / functions. I am running SP 12 anf other than the problem with Aces that was introduced with this patch it is ok. We were on SP 5 which was very limiting in regards the functionality that we wanted.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

links as follows. Details on the patches are downloadable as text or downloan the patch, extract it and read the relevant documents that come with it.

Main Portal
http://support.openview.hp.com/

OVSD Patches - Hp Passport required - http://support.openview.hp.com/cpe/patches/sdsk/sdsk.jsp
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Marcela, I wrote you to another post: Upgrade at least to SP7

As I recall SP8 and SP9 or SP9 and SP10 had some problems with timezones.
menes fhtagn
Ashly A K
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi!

We are on SP 14 & SD 4.5 and no issues. i think you can use sp 14.

higher the patch level menas less trouble and more features...

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Alô Marcela,
Im running Sp11 going to Sp15 till next month. I guess the better choice to you can be the SP15. Anyway I have some doubt if HP fixed the problem of summertime, I will pay to see that.
Regards,
RA