Information required regarding the method logNewCall

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
abdulsalaam_a
Occasional Advisor

Information required regarding the method logNewCall

Hi,

I'm using web api to call a OVSD supported method logNewCall. In that there are lists of parameters.
logNewCall(String psServer, String psUsername, String psPassword, String psTemplate, String psCaller, String psDescription, String psInformation, String[] psFilenames)

Could any please let me know what will psTemplate if we need to create a service call. Also I need to insert more information like priority etc. How can we do this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abdul
3 REPLIES
Eric Ung
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Information required regarding the method logNewCall

Abdul, You can create a new template or use an existing one for your API to use. Service Call template can be found and created in Admin Console - Data - Template - Service Call. You can predefine the values in the Service call fields in the template, eg setting the Priority etc.
abdulsalaam_a
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Could you please let me know how can I create a template in OVSD for service calls.

Regards,

Abdul
Eric Ung
Frequent Visitor

To create Templates for Service Calls.
1. Goto Admin Console
2. Click through to Data - templates - Service Call
3. Do a Ctrl+N or Click the New icon to start creating new templates. Give it a name and select the values you would like to prepopulate in the various fields. This new tamplate name will be your psTemplate parameter for your Web API.
4. You may also need to give permission to the new template in the Roles section.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event