Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Log Viewable

Highlighted
Anya Principe_1
Super Collector

Information Log Viewable

I have a database run that writes to the information log when data is entered in the information field. When the record is saved, the data is cleared from the information field.

I need to make the information log read only as I never want data to be entered directly in the information log field. I am having difficulty do this as I still need to be able to write to the field using the rule.

Does anyone have any idea of what kind of contraints I can put in my rule to make this work?

Thanks,

Anya
Knowing where you're going is the first step to getting there......
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Information Log Viewable

Hi Anya,

can you post the actual rule - export it from the admin console.

If you make the Info log field read only on roles (standard practice) the DB rule should still be able to write updates from the info field.

What problems are you facing?
Anya Principe_1
Super Collector

Hello

I have already tried to make the field read only, this did not work. It would not save the updates made to the log from the information field.

I have exported the rule and have posted it.

Anya
Knowing where you're going is the first step to getting there......
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Anya,

Can you either export the rule (file - export) or go into the rule and copy the lover half where you see the text. I cant read what is attached as it is in .xml.

Does the rule work with the field not set to read only?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Anya,

it is possible that the second part of the rule to make empty the update field is clearing the text before it can be written to the info log field.

You could remove this from the DB rule and set up a new UI rule that clears the log fien when the call is opened.
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Anya,

I have attached the snap shot of the DB and UI rule that I have used to perform this function. Hope this helps you

raman
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Anya,

To make a field read only:

Administrator Console/Security/Access/Role. Open a role and on the tab items go to "Service Call". Press the button "Advanced...". In the Fields tab locate "Information Log" and make it read only. Press "Close" and then "OK" to save the changes to the role. Repeat this change to every role you wish to see "Information Log" as read only. Have in mind that an account with system admin priveledges will see always the field as read-write.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event