Incorect View

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

Incorect View

I'm running SD4.5 on SP17.

I have found a strange anomaly which I can find a solution for.

As a System Administrator I have imported a list of CI's, (Laptop PC's), along with the relevant details.

When these laptops are issued to our users details like a change of Status from In Stock to Production and Location are changed.

I also advised that the "Owner Person" field be changed to the name of the person to whom the laptop is issued. This way we could how in a CI view, who the laptop is assigned to.

However, there is a problem when trying to update a CI record which I imported. These records have my admin account as the 'Entered By' field. When they are opened and the quick find button next to Owner Person is clicked a very small subset, (about six), names are shown, rather than the full list of people.

Any other CI record which was not entered by my admin account works fine and shows the full list of people records.

Have "Entered By" as my admin account seems somehow to be filtering or limiting the list of persons shown.

The view used for this list is the default "All Persons" list.

I can't understand how this can be happening. Can somebody please explain?

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Incorect View

Hi Peter,
could this be a access right problem.
Check the role you are using.
Has your account enough rights to import and/or to views the needed information.

Rgds,
Michel
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but, the role I'm using to view the data once its imported is a 'Standard' user role and as such has the rights to View, New, Modify both Person and CI. The role also has Write permissions on the "Owner Person" field.

As I said if a CI is chosen which doesn't have my admin account name in the "Entered By" field it works fine.

There is some restriction on the Person list, which is caused by having my System Admin account name in the Entered By field of the CI.

But I don't understand what or why?
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hello Peter,

If you press "Quick View" on the owner person, no matter what the default "view" is, the list will be limited to people whose "organization" attribute is not null.

Is the "Owner Organization" presented in the form? If no, present it and see what value it has, because if "owner organization" is set, the quick view will further limited to the persons within this organization.
menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

Quite correct George, The Owner Organisation field was not on the form. I have since put it on the form and the organisation does govern the list of Owner Person records that can be chosen from.

However, I thought that if I entered an Owner Organisation which has all the other other organisations below it, when viewed in the Organisation Explorer view, it would display the full list of people to choose from. But this does not seem to be true.

is it not the case that a high level Organisation includes all the person records of the organisations below it in the structure?
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Peter,

In the case of "Owner Organization" parent and children are treated as different entities and not as part of each other. Therefore only the members of the organization in Owner Org will be listed and not the members of the children organizations.
menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

George, thanks for confirming that, that is the behaviour that I'm seeing and I wanted to be sure that it wasn't something I'd done.

Peter
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

Closed