Including attachments in email when closing Service Calls

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Theron Greenawa
Super Collector

Including attachments in email when closing Service Calls

Using OVSD 5.1 SP6 SQL2K5

When a ticket is resolved/closed we send an email to the client with the ID/description/solution. We would like to add attachments in this email. how do i do this? In the rule i added the attachment;exits attribute but it doesn't work; any suggestions?

FYI; we didn't set this next part up but when a change ticket is assigned to someone, an email with any attachments in the RFC are emailed to the assigned person so i figure my request should be able to be completed.
4 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Including attachments in email when closing Service Calls

Hello

"Attachment Classification Code" is what you probably used in the DB rule to add the attachment.

"Attachment Classification" was introduced to classify attachments so the "Send e-mail message" action in the DB Rule can send email with attachments of specified classifications.

How to specify the "attachment classification code"?
1 Go to "Data > Codes > General > Attachment Classification Code".
2 Create an Attachment Classification Code, for example, "Internal" and "External"
3 Set the classification for the attachments, users can set attachment classification code by right clicking the attachment icon in the Service Call later.
4 To get an overview of entire Attachment Classifications setting, users can go to the "Attachment Details" tab in the Service Call.

If you do not define the Attachment Classification code, then, in the DB rule you can use default classification code "", it is used for those attachments in the Service Call which have no attachment classification code.

Then when the DB Rule is executed, it will send out the mail with the attachments of selected classification codes (and that are part of the Service Call record).

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Theron Greenawa
Super Collector

Just wanted to say thanks for the answer. It appears you could have stopped at telling me to check the unclassified box in the email to customer part of my rule. However you went further and we have actually implemented the extra steps you discussed (Internal / External).

Again thank you; i wish i could have added more than the max points for this...
Theron Greenawa
Super Collector

Okay new issue with the solution provided...

This worked for me because i am an administrator. It appears that my general users cannot select the option to have the email sent to the customer (this is what i named the attachment classifcation). When they add an attachment and then right click on the attahment to choose the attachment classifcation option they get a message that says you are not allowed to insert this attachment classifcation. I cannot see anywhere where permissions can be adjusted; please help
The Pike
Honored Contributor

I tested this with a new application account and role (non admin) and it worked for me.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event