Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including History line in notification

Highlighted
Sharon F. Santi
Collector

Including History line in notification

Hi,

Is it possible to include the history lines (History subject) in a notification generated by a database rule? If ever, what is the field name? Iv been testing this but can't manage to successfully include the history lines in the notification.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon
3 REPLIES
dhaval parekh
Super Collector

Re: Including History line in notification

Hi,
there is no direct way of doing this. What you can do is fire a script that will capture all the history fields for a particular service call and right in into a new custom field (4000 char) .Set a flag whenever this script is fired.
Write another db rule that is fired when this flag is set , that will generate an email notification and include the custom field in it.

T&R
Dhaval Parekh
Sharon F. Santi
Collector

I see. I tried creating a customized field that will be automatically updated with value of the History;Subject field and will then be included in the notification. However, this doesn't work only the History;Subject name was inputted into the customized field. Iv seen in the forum that i can do an advance search with the History;Subject field & it did worked. But directly using this field didn't. Anyways, il try my luck in doing a script for this. Thanks for the response.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Sharon,

Though you can use "History;Subject" for advanced find you cannot set it in db/ui rules.

Well, you can by typing it but you'll get errors. You see in order to add a history line more than one fields must be set at once, something that is not possible under a ui/db rule.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event