Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Including History line in notification

Highlighted
Sharon F. Santi
Honored Contributor.

Including History line in notification

Hi,

Is it possible to include the history lines (History subject) in a notification generated by a database rule? If ever, what is the field name? Iv been testing this but can't manage to successfully include the history lines in the notification.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon
3 REPLIES
dhaval parekh
Valued Contributor.

Re: Including History line in notification

Hi,
there is no direct way of doing this. What you can do is fire a script that will capture all the history fields for a particular service call and right in into a new custom field (4000 char) .Set a flag whenever this script is fired.
Write another db rule that is fired when this flag is set , that will generate an email notification and include the custom field in it.

T&R
Dhaval Parekh
Sharon F. Santi
Honored Contributor.

I see. I tried creating a customized field that will be automatically updated with value of the History;Subject field and will then be included in the notification. However, this doesn't work only the History;Subject name was inputted into the customized field. Iv seen in the forum that i can do an advance search with the History;Subject field & it did worked. But directly using this field didn't. Anyways, il try my luck in doing a script for this. Thanks for the response.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Sharon,

Though you can use "History;Subject" for advanced find you cannot set it in db/ui rules.

Well, you can by typing it but you'll get errors. You see in order to add a history line more than one fields must be set at once, something that is not possible under a ui/db rule.
menes fhtagn