cancel

Inbound email, different SC templates

Highlighted
Ivan Sakharov
Honored Contributor.

Inbound email, different SC templates

Hi

HP OV SD SP 23 + MS Exchange 2003

We have implemented inbound email successfully: users send emails and SC tickets created. But we need to separate user requests from different domains. For example if email comes to SD from user@domain1.com then service call is generated in template1, otherwise if email come from user@domain2.com then service call is generated in template2.

In admin console I need to map 2 templates to 2 addresses in email--inbound email addresses. sd1 for template1 and sd2 for template2.

My question is: can I do this process within one physical email address of SD?

Users from both domains will send their emails to one address ( sd@domain.com ) but after forwarding them to Service Desk server it will see this emails as they send to sd1 or sd2 depending of users domain.

In my opinion it might be some MS Exchange rule, but unfortunately I have lack of experience in this field.

I hope that someone can help me. Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Inbound email, different SC templates

Hello Ivan,

I don't think that you can do it on OVSD. However you might be able to config MS Exchange to forward mails coming from user@domain1.com to first inbound e-mail address and mails coming from user@domain2.com to the second inbound e-mail.

Ask your E-Mail administrator.
menes fhtagn