Importing telephone numbers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Prasanna_M
Super Collector

Importing telephone numbers

Hello,

I am working on importing employee details into the service desk. I have 3 phone numbers for each of the employee(business, mobile, fax)

I could not import the all the phone numbers of each person through data exchange wizard.

I have attached the XML file for reference. i hope the XML file is not in the proper format to import the phone numbers.

If the XML file is OK, then please help in creating Import Mapping to import all the phone numbers.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasanna.
8 REPLIES

Re: Importing telephone numbers

Hello,
look in http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=67494
I think this topic contains all necessary information, even it's made for SD 4.0

Hope this helps,
Dmitriy.
Prasanna_M
Super Collector

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But i am still unable to import all the phone numbers.

I am attaching the screen shots of import mapping and sample XML file i am using.

During the data import, the phone number is over written (ie) in the Telephone column, the only one type is created and the value is overwritten.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasanna.
Akies
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi Prasanna/Praveen,

Try to explore the thread that has been given in the link again..

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=67494

In the attached screenchot of that thread, the unique key is both person and number but you have defined only person as the unique key..I have not worked on the problem yet but I think when you define the the person as unique key only then while uploading the numbers it will replace the previous uploaded number rather than adding the new..

Why? because we have defined that person name should not be repeated or duplicate,if found so then replace the data with new one..

When we define both numbers and person as the unique key then while uploading first it will upload the first number against the telephone type then second time while uploading the next, the number and person together are different than the previous data so it will allow to upload the next number and so on..

Also try to make telephone type a unique key along with number and person..

One more suggestion, taking person email or employee ID as a reference item is a better option than person name because there make be duplicacy in the person name but not in the person email or employee id..

Hope this helps..kindly revert if not found the desired solution.

Regards,
Akhil Mangla
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
Set the second uniq properties on fields "number", or you records will overwrite each other.

Vassili
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Prasanna,

Vassili is right..please try to follow the steps as been told to you by us.

Vassili: request you to knidly provide the screenshots of the same if possible along with the xml file..

Thanks & Regards,
Akhil
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
XML wrong.
tel. must be as separete classes
-
-
-

-
value of realation

-
6414-123-4567

-
Business

The next class for MOBILE, then for FAX.

Vassili
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Vassili..Hope your additional info helps..

Regards,
Akhil
Prasanna_M
Super Collector

Thank you very much for your help. The problem got resolved
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event