Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Importing references

Highlighted
Sean Almond
Honored Contributor.

Importing references

Has anyone sucessfully been able to import (data exchange)the references / relations between fields.

I have three large code tables and want to import the reference to / reference from and relation between the fields

Rgds

Sean
3 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Importing references

Sean,

could you be more specific? Are you talking about creating relations between CIs for example? This can certainly be done with DE.
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sean,

Are you talking about Generic relations and the creation of individual entries between items from the related code tables? If so the answer is no. There is an item type in the DE for them but it is very unclear from the label descriptors which attribute you should use. I think the expectation is that you would supply the OID of the code entries but this is not an easily acheivable task. I have had to all of these by hand (sometimes a couple of days).

This should be fixed up or clear instructions supplied on how to do this.
Sean Almond
Honored Contributor.

Mike

The relations I am trying to import are for the mapping between fields, (new functionality in 5.1, Referenced to, Referenced from).

I can create a relations template and generate an xml but as Jonathon rightly points out it seems the import is then the real issue where it seems you need the OID for all the code values.

Without using entityspy is there a quick way of extracting the codes and their OID values from the database?