Importing data

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Importing data

Hi Everybody

I'm working with SD45(SP18) I've two installations(one for production and the other is a test environment)

I would like to know:
- How can I export/import the modifications in fields, forms, codes, rules i've change in the test environment to the production environment?
- How can export/import only the data(SC,WO,CI) from an environment to the other?

I'm planning to import/export all the data from production to the test environment. And then put the test environment as the production one.

Any Idea or help would be very appreciatted. Thanks in advance,

Carlos
8 REPLIES
Ashly A K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Importing data

hi!

if you want the whole stuff, it is easier to create a backup of your DB and use the copy on the test.

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the answer, but...

if I've made some changes in forms, or fields or codes in the test environment, the backup of database from the production will bring the old forms with it, becouse in the backup there are data, forms and everything.

Am I right?

I have two ways:
- Put the forms, data and all modifications from the test to the production environment

OR

- Bring all the data from the production to the test environment.

How can I do that?

Thanks again
Simone Grandine
Honored Contributor.

Hi Carlos,
you can use ACES system...however i don't know person with successfull use of it !!!

You should plan and verify step by step and object by object (custom field, roles, etc...) all your modifications and try to export/import them...

ACES in SD4.5 SP18 has several templates to do it

Good luck!!!

bye bye,
Simone
Ashly A K
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi!

Have to tried the ACE Export (from Tools->System->File->Aces->Export.

In this, you can export from your old DB and import to your test DB.

-Ashly
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

with ACES, I can export different elements from system panel (forma, rules, templates...)

How can I execute that export end then import them into me production environment?

Besides it, One more question?

Can I export all Service calls from an environment to the other?

Thanks again,

Carlos
Carlos_211
Super Contributor.

Sorry, Reading your post again, i know that I can do the export import with..

Asly wrote: (from tools->System and then File->Aces->Export)

Thanks.

How can i export only the service calls from an environment to another.

Bye,

carlos

Ashly A K
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi!

I don't think that is possible!! :(

-Ashly
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Carlos,

ACES is the tool for exporting setup or admin changes from a test environment to a production environment and visa versa.

Aces cannot be used to transfer data from one system to another.

I have used ACES many times and use it regularly, there are flaws and holes in it but on the whole its adequate.

The trick is you have to ensure that you export and therefore import the modifications in the correct sequence.

For example if you've changed a form by adding a new datra field and UI rules to go with it. Then you would need to export the Custom Fields, the form, and the UI rules, in that sequence. They would then automatically be imported in that sequence.

Hope this helps.