The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import into Date/Time fields in OVSD 5.0

Highlighted
Bob Jendrzejek
Occasional Advisor

Import into Date/Time fields in OVSD 5.0

I am working on a project where I am attempting to convert custom scripts that were developed in OVSD 4.5 to OVSD 5.0. One of the scripts passes a specific date/time value through a call to SD_Event which of course then uses an import mapping to set a date/time field to this value. I have tried to recreate this script in 5.0 using the new ovobsloadobject command however I am having trouble setting date/time fields using this new command. In looking into this closer I also cannot set a date/time field from a template either, I can only specify an offset from the current date/time. Unfortunately, this offset is in days and is not useful in populating a specific time, such as when an incident/event has been acknowledged. I was wondering if anyone has run into this and come up with a workaround.
1 REPLY
bpgraham
Collector

Re: Import into Date/Time fields in OVSD 5.0

Would you be willing to share the date format? I'm having a similar problem with a ovobsloadobject script where the date that I pass in doesn't get into the CI record. I've tried several formats without luck. If I can get it to work with my example, maybe the outcome could help both of us.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event