cancel

Implementation Problem on Service Desk 4.5 - SP19

Highlighted
Dumitru Neferu
Valued Contributor.

Implementation Problem on Service Desk 4.5 - SP19

Hi,

I have a question :
I want to implement a functionality that should do: when a service call wich has one or more workorders related to it and the service call is in status Resolved but one or workorders related are not in status Close the aplication should run a user notification error to tell him to close first all the workorders and than the service call.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES
Robert Gilley
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Implementation Problem on Service Desk 4.5 - SP19

I believe that functionality already exists. There is a checkbox field "Wait for Work Order Completion". If you check it, you must complete all related Work Orders before the Service Call can be closed. (Same applies to Incidents as well)

Hope that helps.
Van der Vennet
Honored Contributor.

Hi Robert,

the option you talk about is only for change, not for service call. I do not think is possible directly.

Lawrence
we have been where you wanna go..
Robert Gilley
Trusted Contributor.

It is present on the Service Call, Incident, and Change forms. I am not sure if it was added when we implemented the best practices stuff or if it was there from the begining. We are currently using it in our environment. (OVSD 4.5 SP11)

Thanks,
Rob
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

The functionality that Robert refers to is on all items that can have work orders (Service Call, Incident, Problem and Change) and when selected then if the item has a Work order attached that has a status that does not have a closed state then no item status with a closed state is visible (and therefore not selectable) so it is slightly different to what was asked for but has the same result - You cannot close (assuming that the status "Closed" has a state or "Closed) until all linked work orders are also closed.
Dumitru Neferu
Valued Contributor.

Hi and thank you for your answers,

I have solved the problem by setting the state of status to Resolved in Adminstrator Console - Codes - Service Call-Service Call Status to Closed.

Have a nice day,

Dumitru.