cancel

Identifying data for reports using Crystal Reports

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sandra Sparrow
Trusted Contributor.

Identifying data for reports using Crystal Reports

We are trying to develop some reports using Crystal Report and I'm having a difficult time identifying what tables/fields I need to select for the various Support Request Elements. Besides the auto generated Data Dictionary, is there a road map for the specific fields in Service Desk 5.1. For example, where would I find the Support Request Categories listed in a table (code table).
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Identifying data for reports using Crystal Reports

The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you are trying to build the Report using the operational tables, you may also want to try the (Re)Generate Database Views for Reporting option (System Settings > Report Settings > General).

These Database Views contain user-friendly field and table names and actual values instead of OID references to other tables.
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Sandra,

First thing you need to do is follow The Pike's instructions. Next, when you're connecting to the OVSD database, report off VIEWS, not tables.

I've spent the last 2 years trying to extract valuable data from this piece of garbage tool. I've got an extensive library of reports specific to OVSD 5.1. If I can assist you in any way, email me at chiefexecutiveguru@gmail.com