Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM009045 i'm confuse

Highlighted
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

ITSM009045 i'm confuse

Hi.
ITSM009045 - searching ability by HistoryLines. I try activate this, but nothing.
Install the new DB, nothing.
Is anybody have the other result?

Vasily
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: ITSM009045 i'm confuse

Hello Vasily,

This RFC actually controls the behavior of the advanced find. If it is enabled then you can use History line attributes as filters in advanced find by typing the attribute name (eg: History;Subject). If disabled then typing the attribute does nothing.
menes fhtagn
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

But History not present in list of fileds or I'm must enter words History;... manually each time?

Vasily
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Yes, this is a known loophole in advanced find. This RFC was to close this loophole. After some pressure at HP they made it an option instead of closing the loophole (thank God!).

I don't especially care about history lines, but I do care about other things that can be used as filters. More info about the abilities of the typing trick at http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712
menes fhtagn
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
But stanges in that, so I can doing it and without sp25 :). Ok, this fix is blocked this ability.

Vasily
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

Fyi. Searches using history line can severely affects the performance. That was the reason for that RFC, it seems that a user created a query on history line which brought their sd system to a slow grind for everyone else. Fortunately, like George mentioned, it was finally made into an option instead of a complete removal of this feature.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event