The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITIL Foundation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

ITIL Foundation

Hi All,

It may seem that I am completely jobless that I am preparing and giving certfications, but I am at it again. IS there any help I can get on the ITIL foundation exam?? I have the book, which I am studying.
Does anyone have the exam dumps for the same? I hope it won't be too much to ask whether someone could share their experience or the exam dumps (dubeysaurabh@hotmail.com).

Any other suggestions?? Which subjects to pay extra attention to??

Any help is appreciated...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
25 REPLIES
Mohammed Albust
Collector

Re: ITIL Foundation

Make sure you go over input, process, and output of each management. The test is not that hard. service desk benefits are important as well.
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I may say i'm not agreed with Mohammed. After a 3 days ITIL Foundations workshop from a good trainer (Geert Gorsele, quint academy),i took the exam and it was really very tricky. I've got my certificate, but if i would not have any workshop, i can see that now i would certainly fail. You can possibly find some dumps about exam on the net, but it may not be enough to study on dumps. It was about $1000 to get the workshops and exam, so i recommend you to invest some money on that.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

hi!

All the Best, dude!!!

Well, there are some stuffs floting around...but, undergoing a training is a GREAT idea...yes..it will add a lot of value

-Ashly

Ps: I will rush u what i have.
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Basically, while going through the workshop, don't try to relate it with the tool. In some of the scenarios, tool may not provide exactly what is mentioned in ITIL. For example, there's 'Urgency' in ITTL, which is not present in Service Desk. We have only Impact and Priority, but there's no Urgency. So learn it as a process and then see whether tool can be aligned with the process. Normally, if we know the tool, we try to do it the other way.

And yeah, questions will be tricky and without hard work, all answers look to be correct. Read the material well or better attend a workshop.

-Ram

-Ram
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hope you got the stuff
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Check your e-mail or go to www.testking.com and search under EXIN exams.

Hope it helps...
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Saurabh,

As the others have said, I would very strongly recommend getting proper training. What the examiners are looking for is that you have an understanding of Service Management and how the processes interact rather than knowledge of a specific tool such as HPSD.

Anyway good luck and i hope you pass

Regards

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
vikrant_2
Regular Collector

HI
I am already certified for the foundation course . Without training it won't be easy to give the answers as all the answers are correct but you need to selecvt the most appropriate one.
Best of luck.

vikrant
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for the help. If any more suggestions, please do inform me.

One question:
What is the passing score?

I'm planning to take the exam on 10th May.

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
vikrant_2
Regular Collector

well its 26 out of 40
regards
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Saurabh,

as mentioned in this thread it is best to do the course with a course provider. The course will cover all the topics needed to pass. In addition experience will help.
My view is that while dumps may help someone pass the exam is the certification of any real value unless the subject mater is understood and applied.

Hood luck either way.

Hi Saurabh,

You can look on www.itil.com.ar
On the link 'recursos' (resources) you can find a lot of links to EXIN, ISEB, glosary, exams, etc.
Hope this helps and...
GOOD LUCK!

Mariana
There's nothing impossible!
Dan Ioan
Frequent Visitor

Hi Saurabh,
Please find attached a mock exam from EXIN!
Hope that will help you to defeat your fear!
Good luck!
Dan
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Saurabh,

I have organized ITIL examinations for about 501 students, of whom I trained 500. The one person whom I did not train had a long experience in management consulting, process management and was largely self-sufficient. He did very well on the exam.

On the other hand, I give a mock examination in my courses and then discuss the answers at length. Students almost always do better on the certification exam than on the mock exam.

-Josh
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for the response.

Josiah: Do you have any special mentions regarding the exam?? Anything to be noticed in particular. I have had some experience in this field, and I have worked closely with an ITIL Master during couple of projects. Hopefully, the required experience is there. (Maybe that's why it feels that I have already the book, even as I read it...)

Thanks for the help...

Regards,

Saurabh
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Saurabh,

I agree pretty much with the other comments. We work with the EXIN exams, where are available in diverse languages, although I think the ISEB exams are of higher quality.

The EXIN exams emphasize service support quite heavily, especially incident, problem and change management. It also includes 1-2 questions on security management. Unfortunately, there is a clear relationship between exam results and the candidate's level of comfort with colloquial, slightly non-standard English. EXIN makes no effort to write the questions using unambiguous language, so often the question is a test of your knowledge of English, rather than a test of your knowledge of ITIL.

My advice for understanding the questions is to do the following :

First, read the question 3 times and very carefully. Make sure you understand what it is really asking, rather than what you might think it is asking at first site.

Second, try to imagine the typical Service Mgmt. scenario that the question is talking about, and what is the process that is responsible for that scenario.

Finally, do not get hung up on answers that can possibly have some theoretical relationship to the question. After all, everything is ultimately connected in ITIL. There is always one answer that is clearly the correct, simple answer.

Good luck,
Josh
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Good info here.

Honestly the foundations exam is realitively simple if you read through the material, understand the differences and the goals of each category etc...

Parse through the booklet before the exam and you'll be fine.

good luck.

You can check out this site:
http://www.itsmsolutions.com

The DITY is worth while for a study guide as well.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
danbiscuit
Super Collector

Make sure you read the question properly and properly comprehend words like 'must', 'always', 'usually' and 'sometimes'.

I found that some questions were worded in such a way that you have to read it a few times to understand what exactly you are answering.

(Mind you, that isnâ t limited to the ITIL exams :)

we have been where you wanna go..
ITIL Foundation
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi All,

Can someone give me any link from where I can get braindumps to practice for teh foundation xam.

THanks
joe52
Acclaimed Contributor

You can try a free ITIL foundation practice test at http://www.itilforums.com
s3xyrash
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

I got 95% in the ITIL exam... Wanna see proof and find out how...

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=itil+95%25

Good Luck with the exam...
Mamta_1
Super Collector

Hi,

I have already gone through the ITIL v3 foundation book by HP.
Can i take the certification without going through the training. Please guide me.
If yes, what would be the cost for taking the cerification?

Thanks and Regards,
Mamta
Faizan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mamta,

Can you please share the ITIL V3 foundation material with me. I hope that you have PDF for the same.

If yes, can you email it to zann118@gmail.com,zann118@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Faizan
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event