Did you mean: 

IBM TCM and Service desk

Highlighted
Andrej_19
Collector

IBM TCM and Service desk

Hello again,

here's another question from me:

Has anyone of you ever made an integration of IBM tivoli configuration manager, specifically tivoli inventory and Service desk 4.5 ? Does perhaps a paper (maybe even redbook) exists, containing an example of such integration ?

I'd be very grateful on any information regarding this thema.

Best regards,

Andrej
3 REPLIES
Michael Lutfi
Frequent Visitor

Re: IBM TCM and Service desk

IBM's TCM is the same concept as RADIA under Open View. So check out the Service Desk documentation for Data Exchange under appendix F...

Basically you need to:

1)Create an ODBC connection to the TCM DB
2)Establish the fields you want to pull.
3)Configure the export configuration file.
4)Check that the data you are getting is what you want and is compatible with the fields you want to use in SD.
5)Create the mapping.
6)Import a sample amount of data.

Finally "If you are happy and you know it"...go for it.

If you are looking for an official cookbook to perform this then I doubt there is unless someone has published one from their own experience...
Andrej_19
Collector

Thanks Michael,

I still hope somebody might publish his experience :)

Anyway, points given.

Regards, Andrej
Michael Lutfi
Frequent Visitor

thanx for the points...highly appreciated and if you need a good piece of software to help you plan your integration for data exchange then I would highly recommend Toad for SQL or Toad for Oracle, if you are using either MS SQL or Oracle, respectivel ...personally I am always armed in my arsenal in any project with TOAD to help me explore undocumented databases that dont have a schema...Good Luck!!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event