Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

I Want to Add a New Field in the Service Call

Highlighted
Avijit Dutta
Regular Contributor.

I Want to Add a New Field in the Service Call

Hi All,
I want to add a new field in the service Call. please provide me the procudure for the same.

Thanks/Regards,
Avijit Dutta
3 REPLIES
Michel SILVA SO
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: I Want to Add a New Field in the Service Call

Hi there could you please tell me which SD version you're using and what kind of field you want to add, as well as the purpose of the field and I will provide you a procedure.

Knowing that you need System rights to open the Administrator Console (Menu;Tools>System) and go to DATA>CUSTOM FIELD> Service Call > Type of field you want to add.

To make the field appear it has to be activated and you need to go to Administrator Console > Presentation > Forms > Service Call and add the field you created.

Make sure then the field is available for all the needed Roles!

Rgds,
Michel
Avijit Dutta
Regular Contributor.

Hi Michel,
Thanks for your response.... I'll tell you what actually I want....

In Service Call I want to add a new Field Say "Dependency".. its a Drop down menu... how will I do that this thing...

I am using Service Desk 4.5 SP 21 with windows 2003 SP1 and SQL as a Database..

Thanks/Regards,
Avijit Dutta
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Avijit Dutta,

You must do 3 things:

1) Enable a custom field of type "code" for service calls, and configure its various options, including giving it the label "Dependency". If you no longer have any available code fields, then you can create a new custom field (I believe that you can do this for code fields in SP 21, but I may be wrong).

2) Create values for that code field - that is, what you will see in the drop down list.

3) Add the field to at least one form, so that you will be able to enter data.

You may do other things, like:
1) Make that field hidden or read only for one or more roles;
2) Make that field active for only certain categories of Service calls, etc.

Good luck,
Josh