Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Hp openview client 2008 SP27 Views.dat permisson

Highlighted
pjob
New Member.

Hp openview client 2008 SP27 Views.dat permisson

Hi,

Working in a large company we have upgrade HPOV 4,5 client to the newer 2008/Vista version. We also had upgrade the server to SP27.

Situation,
new 2008 folder has been created ~\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk with the name "Client 2008"
The Views.dat used in the previous version has been copied to ~\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\Client 2008\data

Question
After starting up HPOV 2008 with an standard End-Uaser account, I'm not able to "Customize Current View" Views i want to customize are NON system views, they are personal views.

Who knows how to fix this problem or what the cause is.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES
Geek
Super Contributor.

Re: Hp openview client 2008 SP27 Views.dat permisson

Hi,

I am not sure about this.But can you guid me how to copy the views.dat file from client to client2008...
pjob
New Member.

Re: Hp openview client 2008 SP27 Views.dat permisson

Hi Geek,

The file named "views.dat" is located in the previous version under
"Personal Folder\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk"

ptake this file and copy it to the location where client2008 has store it. (in my case "Personal Folder\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\Client 2008\data"

Open the new client and you will see your personal views.
otherwise you can import it by using "define views" in the new client. The location of the "old" views.dat is in my case "Personal Folder\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\views.dat"

Anyway, we have found the solution by ourself.
In the "administration TAB" follow the next steps.
1.) Security => Role
2.) select (multiple select is possible by or button) the roles were you want to apply
3.) The selected files, rightclick your mouse button and select "UPDATE ALL"
4.) Select in the next submenu "Define/Customize Views Allowed" and push the OK button
5.) End User must close and reopen the client, logon again and it is fixed.

Users are now allowed even to change the system views however this will not have impact for other users. (only the localy stored "views.dat" will effected)
To change/customize view, go to the desired mode (changes, servicecall) then pull out the View menu => Current View=> Customize current view.

If a end user will screw-up the system views, they can select "define view",select the screwd view and reset it by pushing on the "RESET" button

This was all we want to know..