Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to use Concatenate function

Highlighted
Felix Demetz
Valued Contributor.

How to use Concatenate function

HELP! I should edit a rule with uses the Concatenate function. As Im not used to it I have big problems to edit it. Is there anywhere a instruction how to do it?

If more information is needed let me know.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES
Felix Demetz
Valued Contributor.

Re: How to use Concatenate function

Oh I forgot to tell.
Servicedesk 4.5 with Sp 28

Its the E-Mail function where some information should be filled in automatically as soon user creates email.
Felix Demetz
Valued Contributor.

I add a screenshot here, maybe this says more than words.
After the attribut "Supportanfrage Nummer" I would add in a new line the attribut "NDL-Adresse".

But how to do it?
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Better start from scratch...

If this is an existing rule you are trying to modify, it's not like you can add a new field wherever you want to concatenate. Talk about user-friendly...

I always build those backwards from finish to start because they're a little bit of a pain to edit.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike
Felix Demetz
Valued Contributor.

Good idea...

but it is still difficult for someone who is not common with this concatenate function. Is there really no istruction manual for that?
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Well, while it's not user-friendly, it's not rocket science either... so... no instruction manual on this feature.

If you are not sure how the rule is built and what goes where, again, your best shot is to rebuild from scratch. It will be an educational experience, too.

The Pike