Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take a field from Service into Service Call object ?!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Lina.K
Regular Collector

How to take a field from Service into Service Call object ?!

Hello all,

I have created a calculated field in a Service object, I need it to be available in the Service Call form, Is it possible to take it from a Service object and view it in a Service Call form ?! HOW ?!

Regards,
Lina
3 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to take a field from Service into Service Call object ?!

Lina,

You cannot access a field for one type of object in a form for another type of object.

You can create a second custom field in the Service Call object and put it on the Service Call form. You would update this field either using UI or DB rules, based on the related Service.

Regards,
Josh
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Lina,

Josh is right. But if you don't want to use a Service Call custom field you can try another approach.

Open Administrator Console and go to Presentation/Search. Open Service Call and go to the "Show" Tab. From the list there check Service. Press OK and select Service. Press the button to the right of the Quick View panel and from the fields window select your field.

Now, on service calls, below the "service" field you 've go a mini panel that will list the values of the fields selected as quick view from the services.
menes fhtagn
Lina.K
Regular Collector

Hi Josh, Hi George

Thanks for your help, I used Josh's way and it works fine, the George's way is nice too.

Regards,
Lina
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event