Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to stop sending error message?

Highlighted
AlexNvkz
Regular Contributor.

How to stop sending error message?

One of the users sent email message with five attachments.All attachments have identical names. Service desk don't accept this message and produce service call mail error.
(---------------------------------------------------
Error when put file C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\filename.doc!#! to attachment server: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\filename.doc!#! (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
---------------------------------------------------)

This message stands in queue and mail server try to send this mail every 10 minutes(for example). In result the sender of the mail letter each ten minutes receives service call mail error message.

Can i stop sending mail error letters from Service Desk using Service Desk tools?
2 REPLIES
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to stop sending error message?

There is no tools in service desk to handle repeated email errors.
You will need to get the mail admin of the relay to Service Desk to stop continuing to sent to Service Desk when it's rejected.
Other option is to deny access to that's email address of that user but basically it will reject all the user's email.
The other trick I like to use is at the user's email client, create a rule that is very specific to that error email from Service Desk and automatically delete it so the user do not see it and the whole email loop should time out in 2 days or less.
Tomas Votruba
Valued Contributor.

Re: How to stop sending error message?

Hi there,

What about just restart the service? Sometimes helps.

We've got the same issue, but this happen sometimes, when the attached file name consist czech characters or is to long. The solution in my case was:

Setup the value HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Control Panel/International/Locale "00000405" (Czech) on Application server.
Then the after server restart the Java engine always starts with Czech subvention.

But if someone restarts the "hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server" in running the server will use loged users regional setings.

tomas