Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to set up the approval process for a non Administrator user

Highlighted
Julio Flores
Regular Contributor.

How to set up the approval process for a non Administrator user

Hi, I was setting up the approval process but I can´t made it for a single user, just giving to this user the System Administrator privilegies. How can I change this?

BR
JF
3 REPLIES
Deepika G
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to set up the approval process for a non Administrator user

Hi there,

What exactly do you mean by "setting up the Approval process"?

For any Servicecall, Change or Workorder, there is an Approval tab on which you can specify the approvers (group or an individual), the approval strategy etc.

User doesn't have to be given System Admin priviledges to set up the Approval as above.

Cheers,
Deepika
FXCISD
Super Contributor.

Hi Julio,

You need not give any privilages to the user for the approval process, unless the user has a SD Account with access restrictions for the change module.

you will have to allow access to the change module for the user

--Franz
Julio Flores
Regular Contributor.

Hi there

I mean "setting up" the approval procees is because I´ve defined a CAB group. when I raise a new SC automatically the CAB is assigned (thats ok, my customer want it), but the "Approval field" doesnt appears until a system admin account open this RfC to start the approval process. Thats my doubt, I was giving all the access to a single account except "System Admin" but I cant start the approval process without a System Admin Privilegies either a single account cant start the approval process.

If I wasnt clear, I can send you a couole of images, just let me know.

BR
JF