Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to set e-mail properties in osvd4.5 ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
gzitsm
Regular Contributor.

How to set e-mail properties in osvd4.5 ?

Dear all,

When sending test mail in ovsd4.5's Administrator Console, I received the following error:

Mail server smtp.tom.com gives an error when try to send mail to : 553 You are not authorized to send mail as >, authentication is required.

Could you tell me how to resolve it?

Thanks
Bill

6 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to set e-mail properties in osvd4.5 ?

HI
You need SP20 /itsm008586 or tune local SMTP service as bridge between SD and other SMTP server - You Local service must allow connection without auth. but use auth. when sent email by smtp.tom.com .

Vasily
gzitsm
Regular Contributor.

Thank you, Vasily. I have done as your advise by setting local smtp service with MS IIS, but still got the error.

Would you like to tell me in detail ?

Bill
Ashly A K
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi!

Are you able to tellnet to that port on the server? And send a mail, using the command pormpt ?
-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
gzitsm
Regular Contributor.

Hi!
Ashly, I can connect to smtp.tom.com and smtp.gzcss.net each other by port 25. What I should do next?

Thanks
Bill
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Bill,

I do not think this is a question of which server you are using for email, it is a question of how the machine sending mail to that server is authenticating itself. If you can cannot via telnet, then you need to authenticate using the same means you used with telnet. Otherwise, you need to reconfigure your mail server so that it does not require the authentification.

As already pointed out, OVSD is not very configurable for mail authentification until SP 20.

-Josh
gzitsm
Regular Contributor.

Thanks for all of your responses. When adding SP20, The fuction is all right.