Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

How to send CC or BCC mails with SD45 SP17 ?

Highlighted
SD_3
Super Contributor.

How to send CC or BCC mails with SD45 SP17 ?

Hello all,

I've tried from many ways to do so, but unsuccessfull: I'd like to send CC or BCC mails from db rules with my SD45. When checking "encode headers", I could manage to do it, but that seems a bit more difficult than I thought. I need an exact way to do get to the result, not a step-by-step method, but what I should globally do. 10 pts go for the one(s) to give me the right method. Thanks a lot !
9 REPLIES
Karol Raffay
Super Contributor.

Re: How to send CC or BCC mails with SD45 SP17 ?

You set up in Admin Console-Business logic-DB Rules - Service Call - New - condition - add(send e-mail message)and CC is here.

BCC is SD45 SP20.
SD_3
Super Contributor.

Hi Karol,
I have a SP20 on a test environment, but don't see these CC or BCC options you write about. There might be something I miss, can you please develop what you meant ?
Karol Raffay
Super Contributor.

Do you have a system administrator role?
Admin console is in Menu-Tools-System.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

Actually you can't use CC and BCC within DB rules neither on SP19 where E-Mail Service Call is introduced (or at least I haven't found a way!)

However (read the accompanying documentation) you can use CC and BCC interactively by using "E-mail service call".
menes fhtagn
SD_3
Super Contributor.

Karol > I HAVE the system admin role and please, verify first what you say on the tool before going into deeper.

George > OK, I'm gonna check out this 'Email SC' thing, but I thought that you can handle it with encode headers thing in SC db rule. Thanks !
Karol Raffay
Super Contributor.

Ok,CC or BCC is only for SP19...I saw it on second PC, where I have SP20...SP17 dont have CC and BCC...
SD_3
Super Contributor.

OK, I've checked out the Email SC option, and this is interesting and even though you can't use it with a db rule, a smart action should be sufficient. This is good to know.

But, my problem remains the same though: my customer is on SP17 and I DON'T want him to upgrade to SP19, for the reason you can guess: SP17 is the only one supported for a SD5.x migration. So, anyone for another way WITHOUT 'Email Service call' option ??
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

if a smart action can be used looak at using the mailto: command to build a mail string that can include bcc and cc fields. If you have text fields on the form to populate the cc and bcc mail addresses the mailto string can insert these email addresses into the mail

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197782 - more details and extra options are avaialable here.

mailto:?cc=&bcc=mail>&subject=&body=

You can insert addition values into the text field using the field button to pulldetails from the OVSD form into the email

mailto:?cc=&bcc=mail>&subject=Update Phone Record For Support Request:[Number]&body=E-mail %0A==========%0APlease update the xxx of [Customer;Name] to:%0A
Anju
Super Contributor.

My question is related to this one. i am trying to send email using smart action. i have tried outlook but it only opens a message window with the address but does not send email. i guess we need to either build another application to send mail or do a webform. could anyone who has used smart action to send email before tell me which app to use? thankyou