Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select a child organization when logging a new call

Highlighted
Guy Salomon
Regular Collector

How to select a child organization when logging a new call

Is there a way when logging a new call to be able to select a parent organization and drill down to select a child organization from a list.

I have a business situation as follows:
There are several computer sites that had worked independently. Now those sites have been consolidated into one single location(partially).

Now some of the hardware from those sites have been physically moved in that single location. While some of it has remained in the origional location.

We wish to be able to track calls seperately; those calls that went to the origional site and those that went to the Single site/orgional site equipment.

Now I know that I could just create another Organization field and have the user select the Single site then go to the second field and pick the origional organization when creating the record. And then using AND logic extract data. But I would like to be able to have the call taker select the Single site name and then be given list of origional sites there to pick from.

We are running SD 4.5 SP10 on Sql 2000

Thanks in advance, Guy

Any tho
2 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: How to select a child organization when logging a new call

Hello Guy,

You can do this with Overview Actions with one limitation: You can list only direct children of the organization or direct children of the children of the organization (not both)

To do this go to Administrator Console/Business Logic/Actions/Overview Actions/Service Call

Create a new Action. At the Item select Organization. Select an organization view and create condition like this:

Service Call Organization, operator Equals, Organization Parent

With this you get a list with all direct children of the organization. It you select Organization;Parent;Parent then you'll get a list with the children of the children of the organization on service call.
menes fhtagn
Guy Salomon
Regular Collector

Re: How to select a child organization when logging a new call

Good Morning George
Thank you for your response. I am not in the office at the moment but I will try & test this on our test system on Monday

Points are waiting :-)
g
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event